Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So what now?

I've been senti these past few days. Most of my thoughts go around the idea of me not having accomplished anything.

It saddens me that I am thinking these thoughts. It's as if I'm not capable of achieving anything (although the fact is, I am capable). I've done a lot of introspection, flashbacks and memory reviews. I even pulled out some of my memorabilia that chronicled my achievements in school. Yeah, that's how desperate I am to cheer up myself.

Well, one of the things I'm most proud of in college, academic-wise, is our Marketing Presentation in Brand Management class. With a team of 6, we're tasked to create the next step for National Bookstore brand, which is quite hard since NBS has been the "national bookstore" since time in memoriam. From humble beginnings, NBS paved its way from a soap shop to supplies store and now, as the education partner of parents and students.

We may not have the best idea for NBS' next step (although many would say the contrary :D ), but what I'm really most proud of this is our execution of ads. With only the 6 of us, we crafted crude commercials to support of marketing campaign for NBS. Well, you have to understand that we're just 4th year business students and none of us had a background on filmmaking so when the class was in awe after the commercial was shown, it was really worth carrying the big red couch 4 plight of stairs up and down.

Please forgive me but I really would like to share this, even just to myself, to cheer me up and with a tap on the back, I can say, "I did this. I'm a part if this milestone." And I advise you to do the same.

BA177 - Team National Bookstore "Red Couch"

BA177 - Team National Bookstore "Scrapbook"

No comments:

Post a Comment