Saturday, September 1, 2012

OrgPres

I miss college already! I miss my classmates, my teachers, my orgmates and yes, even the classes. It's really true that life would be a lot different when you graduate.

One of the things I especially miss from college is our activity called OrgPres (Org Presentation). It's a competition between teams of organizations in our college where we prepare a certain presentation (that now evolved into a short play) that mixes what-would-it-be-if-they-are-put-together ideas. I like this since it's the aspect of my college life that dwells with my passion for theater (believe it or not, I do have!).

It's actually cute. You'll see how creative business people can be. In my 3rd year, the theme is CGI films and Nemo and Wall-E were assigned to us. I still remember how we made Eve be an evil robot made by Darla to steal Nemo but Wall-E would save him and change Eve back to the robot he loved by a true love's kiss. I don't know how we made possible cute fight scenes between The Incredibles and Up characters versus Garfield, Po of Kungfu Panda and fishes of Nemo. We had so much fun.

Last year, it got closer to theater. We get to combine a musical play and a performing artist. A lot of story conferences were done to create a story for Lady Gaga and Sweeney Todd. We went so dark indeed. I even get to play Sweeney Todd and sing! Haha. That was really an experience! Well, it's also fun to see how Beyonce would dwell in Rent, how Rihanna would be inspired by Chicago and Britney hitting it off in Hairspray.

Most of all, I miss cheering for my team. I still did cheer in this Orgpres I attended but it's different when you belong to a team and cheering while awaiting the results. I miss performing, too. At least, I can say I performed at least once! :)

Congratulations to UP JIBA (UP JPIA + UP IBA) for winning! Also, hats off to the competitors for nice presentations.


Anyway, I got to see my collegemates naman who wouldn't want to miss this too. Then we went to a very late dinner. We still have that chitchat bonding and laugh we used to when we were classmates. Although now, it's not a presentation or a case keeping us late together, it's our sheer bonding. And I'll always miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment